Component transition, obsolescence and end of life (EOL) are facts of life in the embedded computing industry. Our customers require a seamless transition when faced with these inevitable situations. At Elma, we keep your vital operations going and protect your investment by:
- Maintaining close relationships with our suppliers and monitoring their roadmaps
- Selecting suppliers dedicated to long product life cycles that support military and industrial expectations for product availability, maintainability and support
- Making last time buys when necessary and maintaining inventories until replacement components are identified
- Monitoring industry trends to more accurately predict future direction
- Proactively designing in replacement components while attempting to reduce impact on functionality and cost
- When possible recommending form fit and function replacements for EOL components and offering full verification and validation testing services to ensure compatibility
Our participation in embedded electronics standards committees helps ensure that the constant evolution in open standards continues with a balanced concern for backwards compatibility as well as future enhancements.
Elma can help you bridge the gap with product life cycles and EOL management.